It is estimated that there are over 125,000 volunteers involved in the work of hospices in the UK. In existence for over 25 years, AVSM – the Association of Volunteer Service Managers – is a national membership organisation for anyone managing volunteers in hospice or palliative care settings.
Run by members for members, we provide information, training and support to staff in over 120 hospices across the UK. We maintain an online discussion forum, coordinate a network of regional meetings and hold an annual conference.
What can AVSM do for me?
- Entitlement to attend regional meetings and networking provision
- Membership list and documentation
- Access to members’ only area of website
- Subsidised training events
- Annual conference at membership rates
- Access to limited bursary fund
- Full voting rights
- Entitlement to become a Regional Representative or sit on the Executive Committee.