Managing volunteers in a hospice can be an extremely rewarding, but often challenging job. Hospices involve large numbers of volunteers, working in a highly regulated environment, taking on a wide variety of roles, across a number of sites. But there’s a good chance that any challenge you face has been faced before; any question you have has been answered, any policy you need has already been written and any idea you are considering might well have been tested by someone else.
AVSM exists to enable you to ask those questions and share that knowledge. As an AVSM member you will have access to a national network of hospice volunteer managers. You can talk to them online via our Forum, join them at one of our many regional meetings or attend our national conference.
Join now and start to experience the benefits of the friendly and supportive community.
AVSM Membership50% OFF with Coupon - 'SUPPORT2020'
- Access to a local group – Regional Development Forum – to meet 3 or 4 times a year
- Online meetings for the whole network
- Annual conference with speakers on a variety of topics, and opportunities to network
- Access to training, through the Regional Group, the annual conference and online webinars
- Participation in the development of national initiatives, through the involvement of Exec. Members in national work streams
- Access to our website, with opportunities to network and share information in a variety of ways
- In response to the Coronavirus pandemic the cost of membership for the 2020/2021 financial year will be half our usual price of £45 in order to support members during this time. Please use the 50% OFF coupon ‘SUPPORT2020’ to take advantage of the membership price of £22.50.
- We recommend you have payment card ready before completing the membership form.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can join the AVSM membership?
Can I contact the Membership Secretary?
Please contact Membership Secretary Rachel Stewart for more information.